THE SOLAR CELL OF THE FUTURE
Heterojunction cell technology combines the advantages of mono crystalline silicon (c-Si) solar cells with the good absorption and the superior passivation characteristics of amorphous silicon (a-Si) known from a-Si thin film technology using readily available materials.
Important technological advantages of HJT
- HJT is highly efficient and produces more power per square meter than traditional products – up to 28%
- High open-circuit voltages and high cell efficiencies due to the excellent surface passivation of a-Si.
- With the lowest temperature coefficient, HJT ensures higher efficiency and delivers higher output even at high temperatures.
- Low temperature processing (<250°C) saves energy during manufacturing, prevents bulk degradation and enables the use of thin wafers.
- The relatively straightforward HJT production process takes place at low temperatures and requires fewer production steps compared to other high efficiency